
The big day is finally here. Woo Hoo.
Turning 41 really isn't that bad...if you're a tree. I hate the fact that I have more wrinkle creams, retinol and eye lifting serums than food in my refrigerator. Infact, I now have more anti-age stuff in jars than is legally permissible on board an aircraft. I feel so old that I think that I'm now going to just say my age in dog years. (Don't bother to get out the calculator...it's 5.86 if anyone cares.)
But I guess it isn't all bad. There are presents involved. Unfortunately, my hubby has no imagination and usually will just ask me what I want. Sweet man that he is, he really is clueless when it comes to surprising his wife. This year, I asked for one of those new Smartphones. This is a timely gift considering I thoroughly washed and dried my cell phone last week. I used Woolite in the gentle cycle so at least there was no fading or stretching.
I'm really starting to feel my age however because I used to make fun of the old people who were technologically in the dark. When I was "younger", my computer skills on WordPerfect were rivaled by none and my 3 pound cell phone was the envy of my friends. Now, I'm laughed out of the room because my cell phone doesn't have internet access and I have yet to Twitter.
Oh well.
So sing with me now...
"Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday dear what's her name...Happy Freakin' Birthday to me!
Now let's raise our glasses... to one more year of cheating death!

No comments:
Post a Comment